Refrigerators are one of those appliances that need to be maintained periodically. However, there comes times when certain problems pop up suddenly. Refrigerator not cooling properly is one of those issues only. If your refrigerator is not cooling properly, it’s not at all a reason to feel heated about, as this issue can be dealt at home. Check out the fixing tips before calling the repairman.
Get your cooling machine back on track with these 6 tips
1. Start with checking the temperature, as it is very common that the temperature control gets turned off unknowingly while cleaning. Reset the thermostat dial at the temperature you want.
2. Frost build up on the ceiling of the freezer is indication of problem in the self defrosting system. Cooling gets hampered if defrosting is not done properly. In this situation, defrosting the refrigerator helps.
3. Dirty condenser interrupts the cooling because in such condition, the appliance cuts off the extra load. Thermostat does that work on the side of the compressor if the machine heats more than usual. Cleaning the condenser is helpful in overcoming this fault.
4. If the fridge is not leveled, it can also lead to cooling issues. When the level is not appropriate, it stops the door from closing properly. Ensuring the appliance is at level is the only solution for this bug.
5. Worn out door seal leads to frost build up, hindering the door from closing properly. Getting the right position of the door is possible by losing the hinges, refixing them and tightening the hinges again.
6. At times, the evaporator fan stops working the way it should. As a result, airflow to the freezer and other areas reduce. Checking whether both the fans are working should be done to deal with this issue. Look for any blockage in the affected fan. If no problem is caught, get the fan replaced.
These valuable tips are the best solutions towards refrigerator repair service. However, if problems are still there, call the experts such as Fix It Right, who are known for delivering quality and reliable repair services at affordable rates.