Ever home appliance is important in its own way, as it makes life easier and simpler. Talking about washing machine, it makes things smooth and hassle free by washing the clothes within minutes along with drying them. However, to ensure the device remains fault free, it is important to maintain it through regular care.
Check out some useful tips suggested by appliance repair San Jose to preserve the efficiency of the machine.
- Regular maintenance: Once the clothes are washed, keep the door of the machine open and let the moisture and dampness dry. If the clothes were very dirty or greasy, clean the machine walls and tub.
- Be careful what are you washing: Washing heavy carpets and rubber mats put pressure and leads to internal damage. Hence, avoid washing them.
- Clean the interiors: Detach the removable lint filter and remove all the lint that accumulates from clothes. If the clothes have a layer of fluff on them, check the filter. Remove the grease and detergent build up from the tub, water pipes and dispenser.
- Avoid excess detergent: Wash clothes in small loads using less detergent. Excess detergent not only damages the clothes but also the motor and water pipes.
- Check settings: Choosing the right setting is very important. For standard loads, opt for normal wash. For gentle clothes, go for medium wash. For greasy loads, use strong wash.
- Do not overload: Overload puts pressure on the motor leading to overheating. Moreover, it interrupts with spinning as well.
- Look for rust: Look for rust in the tub. If the rust does not way even after trying to remove it, it would be good to get the tub changed. Pipes are also prone to turn rusty; hence, check them as well.
- Check the dryer: After each cycle, remove the lint from the dryer, as it clogs the filter and restricts the air flow. This in turn overheats the dryer.
Follow these tips for the increased life of your machine. However, in case of professional help, feel free to get assistance from washing machine repair San Jose.